I think to see you saying that is really, really beautiful and I can only say to you: I empathise with you and I know the feeling of terror but if you are authenticly yourself, then you can give to the world and you can not think about it so much anymore and when you clear that space, ‘cause you don’t have to think about it anymore because everybody knows who you are, that allows you to be kind and to look out rather than look into yourself and then it really will be a gift rather than a burden.
Pride Q&A: Andrew Scott about sexuality
YEAH BUT CALIGULA WAS FUCKIN INSANE
And not in a good way. He was literally insane, and he was an absolute tyrant. He’s my favourite Roman emperor, just because he’s so interesting
- His father was a military hero, and he spent the first few years of his life on an army camp, where he paraded around wearing this mini-military uniform his mother made (which is where he got his name- “Caligula” meaning “little boot”). The soldiers basically worshipped him.
- As a teenager, he was called before Tiberius (who was a complete tyrant in his own right, and supposedly killed members of Caligula’s family) on the island of Capri, where he was forcibly adopted and as a result of how well he was treated he supposedly developed Stockholm Syndrome (though this is subject to debate). He held an undying hatred for Tiberius but was forced to show respect, so took out his anger on others and enjoyed watching executions and torture, and frequently indulged in orgies
- TIBERIUS THOUGHT HE WAS MAD. TIBERIUS.
- He gains absolute power of the Roman Empire at the 24- spent the last 5 years watching Tiberius murder, rape, and torture innocents for his own pleasure. So it’s fair to say he’s pretty messed up. He starts off by obliterating unpopular tax and literally giving away money- thus winning the adoration of the citizens. Then, seemingly overnight, he becomes a vicious, bloodthirsty psychopath.
- Early in his reign, he fell ill and spent a considerably period of time on the verge of death. Following most of his recovery, he still suffered major headaches and sometimes wandered round his palace in the dead of night, and started cross-dressing
- During his illness, one man offered his life in exchange for Caligula’s recovery. When he recovered, Caligula sought out this man and had him sacrificed.
- He called banquets, raped the female guests, then brought them back to the table to discuss the rape with the other guests
- HE DECLARED WAR ON THE GODS. Hence why he had the army fight Poseidon.
- He would make parents watch the executions of their children
- He held dinner parties for highly-regarded Roman citizens, during which he would order the executions of criminals between courses and- while his guests were dining- he would rape their wives in the room next door
- He appointed a horse as a consul. I’ll say that again. HE NAMED A HORSE A CONSUL. He had said horse attended to by 18 servants and fed it oats mixed with gold flakes
- He names himself a living God
- He his reign lasted four years, before he was stabbed to death. He did all that in four years.
I’M SORRY I JUST REALLY LOVE ROMAN HISTORY OK
Also when he would throw house parties he would hide wild animal like lions in random rooms and made people tour his house by themselves and they would be eaten if they opened the wrong door
(just so you know I did a huge project about him in history)
(Source: i-accidently-everything, via alaquestiqueveliquinate)
just another really long 'au's i really want' post
- you’re the drummer for my brothers band and i find you really hot AU
- lost in a random small town and you show me around AU
- accidentally broke into your apartment because i was drunk AU
- i found your dog wondering the streets so i decided to come and return him AU
Cecil’s blog is probably all
*:･ﾟ✧*:･ﾟ✧ ＦＯＬＬＯＷ ＦＯＲ ＭＯＲＥ ＳＯＦＴ ＶＯＩＤ *:･ﾟ✧*:･ﾟ✧
and Carlos’ is more along the lines of
☢ Welcome to the Science Zone ☢
rosalind franklin discovered the double helix in dna but her research was stolen by two men before she could properly share the information and now watson and crick are famous for what she spent years studying
Plus she developed ovarian cancer that was most likely caused by radiation from the HUNDREDS of hours spent using x ray crystallography to ascertain the structure. She literally worked herself to death to be a footnote in most genetics textbooks.
Ye olde sext:
[Town Crier voice] [rings bell] HEAR YE, HEAR YE, I HAVE A MESSAGE FROM ARTHUR, KING OF THE BRITONS [opens parchment] TO GUINEVERE: WHAT ARE YOU WEARING?